Home & Health Care Management (HHCM) has been assigned by the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) to provide administrative services and Comprehensive Care Management services, under the Medi-Cal Home and Community Based Alternatives (HCBA) Waiver Program to participants in select counties.
HCBA renewal is being held on September 17, 2020, from 10:30 to 12:30.
1. Question: How do I apply for the Home and Community-Based Alternatives (HCBA) Waiver?
Answer: Fill out the below HCBA Waiver Application and fax to 530-894-3186 or mail to
1398 Ridgewood Drive Chico, CA 95973.
2. Question: How do I submit TARs or POTs? Who do they go to?
Answer: The HCBA nurse receives Treatment Authorization Requests (TARS), Plans of Treatment (POT), and clinical documentation via fax: 530-894-3186
3. Question: How can I get more blank paper TARs?
Answer: Providers can contact the DHCS provider service center at 1-800-541-5555 to request paper TARs.
Select the following prompts when calling:
Option 6, Option 2, then Option 1 for paper TARs.
Once you go through the correct prompts, the representative will ask for your NPI and your mailing address.
DHCS will mail out additional TAR’s.
4. Question: Where do I send my required credentialing information?
(Licenses, insurance, CPR cards, HIPAA agreements etc.)
Answer: Credentialing information is sent to the HHCM Human Resources (HR) Credentialing Department via fax: 530-487-8585
5. Question: I have questions for the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) about the Waiver, where can I call?
Answer: You can contact DHCS for member/recipient and provider questions at this toll-free number: 1-833-388-4551
6. Question: Is there a difference between a Waiver Applicant and a Waiver Member?
Answer: Yes, there is a difference.
A Waiver Member is considered Active or Open on the HCBA Waiver.
The Waiver Applicant is an individual who is not open to the HCBA Waiver at this time, they are on the waitlist.
There is a current HCBA Waiver waitlist being managed by DHCS.
HHCM will visit persons on the waitlist when DHCS releases the information.